Dental x-rays are important because it allows the dentist to properly see how the teeth are coming in and if there are any underlying issues that can not be seen under the surface. We here at Bright Star Sapphire, along with the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry guarantee parents that all our x-rays are of the lowest radiation and non-invasive for kids.
With the highest forms of technology used today, X-ray equipment lets dentists focus the X-ray beam on the direct area of interest to reduce radiation exposure. We also use protective equipment like lead body aprons and shields to keep your child safe during their procedure.
Dental X-rays are used in aiding the dentists with the ability to determine if your child has any underlying dental issues that may be hard to spot otherwise. Other benefits of receiving dental x-rays include:
- Allowing the dentist to find cavities between and throughout the teeth that are not as easily noticed otherwise.
- Allows the dentist to determine the cause of any oral swelling that might be occurring.
- Evaluate injuries to the teeth after trauma.
- Allows the dentist to determine how many teeth are present in the mouth.
- Allows the dentist to determine if teeth are missing when they shouldn’t be.
- Allows the dentist to see if teeth have bone loss or periodontal disease.
If you have any questions or would like to inquire further about this procedure please call our office and one of our helpful staff members will be happy to assist you.