Sedation (Sleep) Dentistry
We are the ONLY dentist in the area that offers Sedation (Sleep) Dentistry
Sedation (Sleep) Dentistry
For many people, the thought of going to the dentist can be overwhelming and can give patients a high level of anxiety. This is why we here at Bright Star Sapphire Dental offer sedation dentistry so that you are able to have the work done that is needed without the fear and panic that you are used to experiencing.
Sedation dentistry can be used from everything from invasive procedures to routine dental cleanings. Each patient is different, so the level of anxiety and fear are different for each patient. We want our patients to know that we understand your fear, but we are here to help. Fear should never take away from a patient being seen by the dentist. We have a separate room that allows us to administer sedation for a more calm and effective manner, allowing the patient to remain as stress-free as possible.
We are the only dentist in the area that does sedation dentistry and, we want our patients to feel at ease and as comfortable when they need dental work done. There are a few methods to sedation dentistry that can be administered in different ways.
What is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry involves using different types of medication for just about any procedure that helps to relax the patient and keep them as stress-free as possible. Whether you want sedation dentistry every time you have work done, such as a routine cleaning or a filling, or you would like to make use of it when having more extensive procedures done, like an extraction, we here at Bright Star Sapphire Dental will be more than happy to help you relax during your appointment.
Sedation dentistry can be administered in a couple of different ways, giving the patient a method that is best for them.
- Nitrous Sedation– is also known as laughing gas, and is administered through a mask that is placed over your nose and mouth. Our dentists will control the amount of Nitrous you will receive. The effects of this type of sedation relax the patient and make them feel giddy. This type of sedation wears off relatively quickly and you can leave the office feeling normal and can even drive yourself home.
- IV Sedation– is when you receive medication through an IV that is placed directly in your vein, usually in the hand. This type of sedation causes the patient to go into a sleep-like state. You can still hear and react to the doctor but you are in a deep state of relaxation. With this type of sedation, you will need someone to drive you home and possibly take care of you for a short time after your procedure.
Who is a Good Candidate for Sedation Dentistry?
Just about any healthy adult is a viable candidate for sedation dentistry. Sedation dentistry is also used for patients with special needs as it allows the dentist to do multiple procedures in one visit We will take a full health history on patients before determining if they are a good candidate for this type of anesthesia. Once it is determined that you are healthy enough to go under sedation, we will help to explain the procedure to you so that you can be fully prepared for it to be done.
Reasons to Consider Sedation Dentistry
There is a wide range of benefits that come from sedation dentistry and this is why a lot of people are choosing this option for their own comfort and convenience. Here are some benefits of choosing sedation dentistry:
- Allows the patient to relax during any dental procedure.
- Allows you as the patient to be able to have work done that you’ve been putting off.
- Sedation dentistry is quick, easy and completely safe.
If you are interested in or would like to inquire further about sedation dentistry, contact us today!